CRA Job Center
Please see below for current job postings. If there is a nothing shown, we’d still like to hear from you. Feel free to send us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Job Title: Research Analyst or Research Associate (depending on experience)
This position bears primary responsibility for CRA’s in-house research efforts. The ideal candidate will be creative, able to work independently, analytical / detail-oriented, have a background in investment research, and possess strong writing and presentation skills. Secondarily, this position will assist in acquisition due diligence, corporate operations, and marketing tasks. Position duties include the following:
- Conduct and coordinate nationwide market research with the goal of identifying specific areas that meet or exceed established investment criteria (i.e. predictive analytics)
- Identify and analyze demographic, market, sub-market, micro-market, and property-level trends, creating new tools and models to do so as required to automate processes.
- Create and maintain professional market reports for internal use and investor distribution
- Create and maintain Excel data models for research purposes
- Create professional quality and interactive maps to demonstrate demand drivers, new supply, etc.
- Perform property-level research for acquisitions staff
- Write periodic newsletters and assist in other marketing efforts
- Travel as needed to assist in on-site property due diligence and market/property tours
- Other projects as requested
- 1 to 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Degree in Economics, Finance, or related field preferred
- An interest in private equity, commercial real estate finance, and research, particularly in the multi-family sector
- Quick learner with the ability to think and act independently and find creative solutions to complex problems
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including macros) and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated writing abilities with strong grammar, approachable writing style, and professional presentation/design.
- Position requires sophisticated mapping techniques. Candidates applying should be proficient in geocoding, uploading and creating kml/kmz files, have experience with tools such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Maps Pro, On The Map, and be able to incorporate census and other data into sophisticated maps with no training required.
- Must have presentation skills that provide for the ability to conceptualize and communicate ideas and present relevant information, supporting data, sophisticated analysis and research results to the investment committee and outside partners.
- Travel: Some travel will be required. The amount of travel varies, but generally will be < 20% of the time.